Windows 10, though proved its credibility in some sphere but it has also marked some issues. One of the primary issues the users face is related to the hard drive. Many of the users are unable to fix the hard drive issues and some are not aware of the proper procedure to cope up with the problem of fixation of hard drive problems.
Eventually, the users get stuck with hard drive errors. The case may be that the device might have been equipped with a hard drive which is traditional rotating platter or it could be a solid state drive.
Also, there are other more issues like for instance, Windows 10 is not able to identify the driver or it could lead to the specific app getting locked. Sometimes, if the disk is cent percent free then also it shows that hard drive is full, hence the game does not get loaded.
If the user isn’t sure about the actual problem whether its due to hard drive or some other then also ‘Check disk tool’ is a perfect option, one can go for. This tool scans the file system’s virtue in a bulk and also fix up the logical errors well.
How to Fix Hard Drive Errors on Windows 10 Using Control Panel
- First of all open the File Explorer.
- Now from the left pane, hit ‘This PC’.
- Beneath ‘Devices and Drives’, the hard drive that you want to check out or repair, simply right-click on it and opt for ‘properties’.
- Hit the ‘tools’ tab.
- Beneath the heading, ‘Error Checking’, hit ‘check’ button.
- Now click on the option ‘Scan Drive’.
- If there aren’t any errors been detected by the utility then hit the close button.
- If errors are encountered that needs to be repaired then restart again and schedule different scan.
Now you will find that your hard drive problems on Windows 10 have got resolved.
How to Fix Hard Drive Errors on Windows 10 Using Command Prompt
One can also fix the hard drive errors with the use of Check Disk tool with the aid of Command Prompt by following the below mentioned steps:
- First of all open ‘start’.
- Now, look for the ‘Command Prompt’.
- Now right click the initial or topmost result.
- Next, opt ‘Run as administrator’.
- Then type chkdsk/f c : so that the user can run the check disk tool (chkdsk tool) and hit ‘enter’.
Hence, your hard disk issue will get fixed. As we use the switch /f for fixing errors but in case if it does not work well then the user may also go for /R, this could run along even with the /f turned on.
From the article, the users must have to get acquainted with the information that how they can facilely fix the hard drive issues on Windows 10. Try out the above-described process and share your experience with us. If you still find any issues, let us know in the comment section. Your reviews are very important to us.
Lori is the founder, author, & Sr. editor of Snaptube.vip. After graduating from the University of Houston, she indulged in full-time blogging and has been working as an Editor-in-chief for renowned publications – the Knoxville News Sentinel.