Microsoft launcher is popular among the Android community for providing the native windows apps & features on Android. One such useful and a recently added feature is ‘Parental control’, with the help of which anxious parents can track the location of their child and other family members. This tech article brings you everything about Microsoft Launcher’s family feature, along with the steps to activate it.
What’s Microsoft Family Feature or Parental Control?
In Windows 7 and earlier versions, the Family feature was known as ‘Parental Control’. By the time, this feature has evolved to offer a lot more utility such as reporting the activity of kids, location tracking, screen time limits, setting filters to limit content accessibility and much more.
Parents mainly use Microsoft launcher so that to know what their child is doing. In order to do that, it’s mandatory that both the accounts, child and parent, should be connected with the same family account. Once set up, all the devices where the child login the Microsoft account will be tracked.
Prerequisite To Use Microsoft Launcher’s Family Feature
- Install Microsoft Launcher v4.10 or later, on the device to be tracked.
- Android OS must be 5.0 or higher.
Tracking Child Location Through Microsoft Launcher – A Complete Guide
Step 1 – Add Child’s Account To The Family
- Sign in to the Microsoft Account on the website.
- Go to the family section.
- Click on ‘Add a family member’
- Select the ‘Child’ option.
- Fill the email address to be tracked.
- Enter the characters you see on the screen.
- And click ‘Send invite’.
- Now, Sign in from child’s Microsoft account to confirm the invitation.
Step 2 – Install Microsoft Launcher on Child’s Android Device
- Visit this link 👉here
- Install the launcher just like other Android apps.
- Launch the App.
- Sign in with the Microsoft account and follow the on-screen instructions to finish the setup.
- Do not forget to turn on ‘Location sharing’ and ‘Activity reporting’ feature while setting up a child’s account.
Step 3 – Start Tracking Location
- Open Microsoft account on Android phone.
- Swipe right to go to Family feed.
- Go to a child account.
- Tap on the option of ‘Find on Map’.
- Turn on ‘See my Child’s location on a map’.
In this way, the launcher will continuously give location updates and email the activity reports of a child account to parent phone. In this way, you can add anyone to the family account and track the location, provided internet is connected to your device.
This feature of Microsoft is such a relief for parents to keep updated with the kid’s location. After Windows, the feature is also added to the mobile launcher application to facilitate its use. If you’re having any trouble in executing what has given above, let us know for further help.
Lori is the founder, author, & Sr. editor of Snaptube.vip. After graduating from the University of Houston, she indulged in full-time blogging and has been working as an Editor-in-chief for renowned publications – the Knoxville News Sentinel.