Windows 10, the versatile operating system by Microsoft finally enhance the performance of its Clipboard. With the new update of Windows 10, 1809, in October 2018, Microsoft introduces the most awaited feature to sync clipboard across other devices. Earlier, users are limited to the copy and paste the contents over any application only in current computers. But with 1809 version of Windows 10, users can endure new clipboard facility.
This new Windows 10 1809 version comes with a cloud facility which allows you to store more items, images or text no matters whether it is recent or old. You can sync these items stored in your clipboard across different devices. Here, we bring a guide for you by which you can enable this feature.
How to Sync Clipboard Across Devices on Windows 10
This is one of the most useful features offered by Microsoft in Windows 10. But for syncing clipboard across other devices, you’ve to log in with the same Microsoft account on other devices as well. By following described steps, you can easily activate and sync clipboard across devices, only you need to update your Windows 10 to 1809 version, October 2018 update
- Go to start menu and click on Settings (gear icon).
- Click on the System option.
- From there select the “Clipboard”.
- Now activate the option “Save multiple items”.
- Look for the “Sync across devices” heading and enable the toggle option.
- Now, it’s time to choose the action of syncing. There are two options available there. One is “Automatically sync text I copy”, it will sync the text which you copied across devices. Second is “Never automatically sync text that I copy”. By this, your text will never sync automatically. You have to use a shortcut key “Windows Key + V” to activate automatic sync.
- For automatic synchronization, go with the first option.
From now on whenever you copy an anything on clipboard it will sync with your other devices.
The Bottom Lines…
The clipboard syncing feature is very beneficial and important facility provided by Microsoft. By walking through the above mentioned simple steps for modifying some settings, one can easily activate this feature. So if you still didn’t update your Windows to the latest version, update it fast to experience new cloud-based Clipboard feature.
Lori is the founder, author, & Sr. editor of Snaptube.vip. After graduating from the University of Houston, she indulged in full-time blogging and has been working as an Editor-in-chief for renowned publications – the Knoxville News Sentinel.