Buying a new iPhone is blissful but to pass on the data (photos, videos, documents, emails, messages, Apps and everything) to the new device is a bit tricky. There are few things to keep in mind before migrating data.
First and foremost, one has to unpair an old iPhone with all other iOS enabled gadgets – Apple watch, Apple TV, iPad, iPod, Siri, and Macbook. Besides that, it’s very important to take a full backup of the previous device in iCloud and iTunes.
There’re mainly 3 ways to get this job done, as mentioned in this tech article. All are easy, simple and secure to execute. Let’s get to know them one by one.
Auto Set Up New Device
This’s quite a useful workaround for iPhones running on iOS 11 and later. This’s an in-built feature offered by Apple in its new flagship models. Here’s how to use this feature –
- Bring the two iPhones (New and Old) in close proximity with each other. It’s crucial.
- Turn on the Bluetooth in both the devices.
- A pop up appears on old iPhone screen to set up a new iPhone.
- Tap ‘Continue’ once you confirm the Apple ID.
- With the old device, scan the image on a new iPhone.
- Enter the password.
- Select the source of data – iCloud, iTunes or from Android.
- Tap ‘Continue’ to restore data. (Ensure fast internet connection.)
- Select settings, if any, to import from the previous device.
This course of action is for all seasons, whether it’s the oldest iPhone version or the most recent one.
- Turn on the data connection or Wifi, on old iPhone.
- Go to ‘iCloud Backup’ under settings.
- Slide to enable it.
- Tap on the ‘Backup Now’ option.
- Now, switch on the new iPhone.
- Connect it with Wifi.
- On the subsequent ‘Apps & Data’ screen, go with the 1st option of ‘Restore from iCloud Backup’.
- Sign in with Apple ID and the corresponding password.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the setup.
Third Party App – iMazing
iMazing is a free and wonderful iPhone cloning app to transfer data between the two iOS devices, without iCloud or iTunes synchronization. It provides an array of options to transfer including Music, Books, Photos, Apps, Contacts, Messages, Files and other data. It’s a trusted and customizable app to choose which apps and what data you like to back up on your brand new iPhone.
Noteworthy features of iMazing are:
- Free to install and easy to do.
- Safe, secure and effective.
- No need of iTunes and iClouds configuration.
- Take backup on multiple iOS devices with the help of ‘Blueprint’ backups.
- Control what data to back up.
People timely switch to latest iPhone models to keep the pace with upgrades but that doesn’t mean that you’ve to lose the previous device data. Data is precious and hence mobile technology has techniques to keep it up in the new devices as well. In this regard, what mentioned above are exemplary and works best with all iPhone models. It’ll help, for sure!