We all are familiar with the credibility and functionality of Chrome. But it would be interesting to know, that chrome contains tiny files known as ‘cookies’, that aids the user so that it stays logged in to the most visited or favorite websites. Also, the browser caters for saving the images or that of other relevant files known as ‘cache’ so that when you revisit your favorite site, the pages could reload speedily.
Hence, if you are an aspirant who wants to get to know how the cookies and cache get cleared, then you are at the right platform. Scroll down and get acquainted with the procedure, so as to how one can clear cookies and cache on that of Chrome.
How to Clear Cache and Cookies on Chrome
Open Chrome’s Settings
- Firstly, tap on the three button menu that is situated in that of the upper right corner in the chrome.
- Now from the menu, opt settings.
Show Advanced Settings
To get to the settings of Cookies and cache, scroll below and hit on ‘Advanced’ link for viewing more options of settings.
Makeup What All Requires to Get Deleted
Employing any of the two ways would clear the cache and the cookies in chrome. With the first method, the user would able to clear the entire cookies and cache. With that of the other method, the user would have a choice, which cookie it wants to possess and which one it wants to remove.
- Initially, hog on to the settings, and go for ‘privacy and security’.
- Decide if you want to clear up all the cookies or just some of them.
- If you wish to delete the entire cookies, then tap clear browsing data.
- If you wish to delete a few cookies then opt content settings.
Clear Entire Cookies from All the Sites
- First of all, open up the Advanced tab.
- Now select an option, from that of the drop-down menu of the Time Range.
- To clear the entire things, opt All Time or opt last hour to Last 4 weeks to possess the latest cookies as well as some other data.
- Next to ‘cookies and other site data’ and ‘cached images and files’, there are checkboxes, hence click on them.
- Now opt for the clear data so as to clear out the chrome cookies and the cache.
Delete Specific Cookies
Chrome has a peculiar feature of storing up the cookies, pertaining to each site independently:
- Firstly, look for the screen, content settings and tap on cookies.
- Opt for ‘See all cookies and site data’.
- Now look for the website, in which the cookies that you desire to remove is present.
- Now hit for the trash icon that is situated next to that of the website so that the user could clear the site’s cookies.
- If you want to remove the entire cookies, then hit on ‘remove all’.
- If you want to delete in bulk then hit ‘remove all shown’ and you are done.
From the article, you must have come to know that how facilely, one can clear the cookies and cache on Chrome. We hope that the article has been useful to you. We tried to cover the entire information on how you can achieve the above endeavor. Give a try to the above-mentioned procedure and we hope that would sort your problem. Share your views and experience with us.
Lori is the founder, author, & Sr. editor of Snaptube.vip. After graduating from the University of Houston, she indulged in full-time blogging and has been working as an Editor-in-chief for renowned publications – the Knoxville News Sentinel.