Windows always bring new and easy shortcuts to increase the efficiency of users. Like whenever a user copy and paste any data the same will get stored in the clipboard. Users can easily revive the data and paste anywhere they want directly from the clipboard. Just to increase the convenience of users Windows 10 has completely changed the clipboard experience after all the latest updates released in October 2018.
A Simple Guide to Clear Clipboard History on Windows 10
In order to eliminate the limitations, users have faced in old versions. There are some unique features added in clipboard like users can use “Windows Key +V” option to open the window containing all the clipboard data. They can clear the history easily and even remove the data stored in synchronized devices. To help you out with all the options we have prepared an easy guide as mentioned below.
An Effective Method to Clear Data and Shortcuts Stored on the Clipboard
In case the computer is used by multiple users, then it is necessary to clear the clipboard data to save personal data loss. With the help of some effective ways, users can even clear the data synced across multiple devices. To complete the process you can simply follow the mentioned below steps:
- First, you need to open “settings” on your computer.
- Then after you can click on “system” option.
- Now go to the “clipboard” option as displayed on your screen.
- Search the “clear clipboard data” option and then click on the “clear” button available under the same option.
Method to Clear Almost All the Data Stored on the Clipboard
Even after you clear the whole history of the clipboard there are pinned items still left in your clipboard. In order to delete these items, users need to customize some settings which will completely change the experience. With the help of some simple steps, we have provided below anyone can delete even the pinned items from their clipboard.
- Here also first you need to open “settings”.
- After that simply click on the “system” option.
- Now again click on the “clipboard” option.
- Then you will find the option “save multiple items”, toggle the switch to the left side to turn it off.
How to Clear Specific Data from Clipboard History
Apart from removing the whole history and data stored, there are times when we want to delete some specific shortcuts or data stored which bothers us. You can simply delete some specific items as well from your clipboard after selecting them with the help of steps as mentioned below.
- First, open the clipboard after pressing the combination “Windows key + V” on your computer.
- Now then after selecting the shortcut or specific item you want to remove.
- After that click the “X” button available on the top right corner.
- The command will delete that particular shortcut or data from your clipboard; you can remove multiple items one by one using the same command and process.
All these settings to clear the clipboard items will work only on Windows 10 versions updated after October 2018. Clearing clipboard history at regular intervals is a good habit which secures your confidential data from prying eyes. With the help of these unique clipboard settings, every Windows 10 users can eliminate the chances of losing their data in any way.